Consultant PathologistComments Off on Consultant Pathologist
#5-day work week
#Competitive salary package
#Good career development opportunities
Our client, one of Singapore’s leading provider of pathology and medical laboratory services, is currently seeking an experienced candidate to join them as a Consultant Pathologist.
- Diagnose diseases/ medical conditions using techniques such as gross pathology, histology, intra-operative frozen sections, gynecological cytology, non gynecological cytopathology, clinical chemistry, immunology, flow cytometry, and molecular biology.
- Write pathology reports summarizing analyses, results, and conclusions.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are established for monitoring individuals who conduct pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases of testing to assure that they are competent and maintain their competency to process specimens, perform test procedures, report test results promptly and proficiently and identify needs, oversee or provide remedial training or continuing education to technical staff to improve skills when required.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with internal and external customers in order to ensure a timely response to new clinical service trends and program planning.
- Discuss reports, follow up any concerns and visit the Doctors whenever required.
- Ensure operational adherence to currently accepted technical service standards for laboratory medicine as well as to applicable policies and procedures by all technical and operational staff.
- Participate in Quality Assurance Programs and assist in developing SOPs and in-house QC programs where necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management and responsibilities as mandated by local regulations and CAP.
- Minimum Degree and/or specialist certifications in anatomic or clinical pathology, by the Board of Pathology or possess equivalent qualifications recognized by Singapore Medical regulatory bodies.
- 5 – 10 years of related experience in a clinical laboratory and knowledge of academic medical settings and a proven track record of successfully working in such settings.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operations focus.
- An effective educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to stakeholders.
Interested and qualified candidates please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denise Charlene Tan Su-yen (CEI Reg. No.: R1104480)
“Personal Data Protection